Freitag, 9. Juli 2010

knitters united

Yesterday, I joint my first ever knitting club. It was funny, there where six old ladies and me sitting in the cool shadow of one of my favourite cafés, chatting ad knitting :D They were so lovely, and they all were so pleased that I wanted to take part in their group. And what they were knitting! Amazing stuff! The oldest, Brigitte, was working on a really cool very VIOLET summer vest. I had my rainow crochet blanket with me, as I'm not knitting at the moment, and I was a bit afraid before that they would say "No crochet, only knitting" but on the contrary - the girls all admired my funny blanket and they were really happy to have a crocheter in their group now, too :D I'm sure I will go there again as soon as I start a new knitting project. They're all so helpful! And I have some things to learn, for example, I have no clue how to work with circular needles. And they all know.

But nevertheless, I would LOVE to have my own knit/crochet group, with some younger participants... have to think about that.

1 Kommentar:

  1. well YES, let's start a knitting club... that's gonna be my goal for the summer =)
    by the way, I just loooove the picture you posted, its fantastic!!

    AntwortenLöschen